Monday, September 30, 2013

Still no visa (warning - whiny post ahead!)

Another week, still no visa.  This is getting old.  We are still waiting, and have no idea how long it will be.  We had to move to the new guesthouse, and while it is relatively nice, the sheets are scratchy, the kitchen is under-equipped and the wifi hasn’t worked since we got here! The lack of internet leaves us feeling bored and disconnected from life back home.  Everyone is feeling cranky and it just really sucks.  And every day here at this point just sucks us dry financially. 

This is the point where I’m going to kindly ask you not to tell me to look on the bright side... Yes, we are all together. Yes, we have our new son. Yes, we are safe and healthy.  I know these things, but I don’t want to hear it. 

Sorry, I know whining is obnoxious.  I’m stressed out.  I think Dave and Faith and Thomas are going to head home, as we just can’t leave life at home on “pause” much longer.  Of course, that has its own stresses; both in terms of being here with Bereket by myself, and the eventual “reintegration” when we get home.  I kind of feel like it would be easier for us all to be jet-lagged at once, but both home and able to spell each other off, vs. Dave already being back at work and I’m on my own with all three kids right off the bat.

I typed this up at Chilallo, and then went to visit Karen at GT to post it.  I’ll also spend a few minutes on FB and try to download Faith a few more ebooks; man, that kid can read!


                                                                                                                                                                               

No comments: