Sunday, June 30, 2013

This and that...

Well, we didn't end up getting an update about Bereket last week.  Hopefully something will come this week!  I can't wait to see how he's grown and changed.  We are also hopeful that we will hear about a court file number soon (or even better - hear that it was submitted a while ago and they forgot to tell us!).  I'm starting to really doubt that we will travel in July, and am trying to prepare my heart for the longer wait.

On Friday, the kids and I, along with my mom, went to Barrhead.  We  had a nice visit with my Auntie Julie and Uncle Ken, and enjoyed seeing their beautiful home and gardens.  We hung out for a few hours, ate lunch together, and then the kids and I went to visit a "new" friend and her children.  This mom is also an adoptive mom, and we had connected online, but never in person.  It was a gorgeous day, and we had a great time visiting in their yard while the kids played on the slip-and-slide.  J is delightful, as are her children, and it was especially neat to see Thomas and Faith getting to know their Ethiopian-born children, who are 3 and 6.  Thomas surprised me by having lots of questions for the six year old boy - about coming to Canada, learning English, etc.  It was a cool insight into where his mind is at in terms of our own adoption.  Afterwards, he told me that the kids were "just like regular ordinary kids", which may sound obvious to us, but evidently was very reassuring to Thomas. :)   After leaving our new friends' home, we drove back to my aunt & uncle's farm to pick up my mom, and ended up staying for supper and another visit there, which was a lovely way to end a very fun day.

Since I can't share pictures of Bereket on the blog, I thought I would share this website. http://99littlephotos.weebly.com/99littlephotos.html  These pictures were taken at the orphanage Bereket is living at, by the children themselves.  They were taken in late 2011, I think, so it was before Bereket lived there, but I still think it is cool to have a look at his surroundings and the beautiful children and staff.  I hope you enjoy them!

And now, off to go keep working on the boys room!  Hopefully I will be able to post "finished" pictures by the end of the week!

Heather

3 comments:

jmundle said...

Hi Heather
Thanks for the KVI pictures. We were there in January and March 2012 but they do not allow pictures of the children or inside. I recognize some of the kids and found it very emotional to look back. I could not help but wonder 'where are they now?'. Enjoying your journey through your blog!

jmundle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather said...

You're so welcome, Jill. I always wondered why KVI would participate in this project when they are so restrictive about picture! Not that I'm complaining! It's just kind of inconsistent. ;)

Heather