Saturday, July 20, 2013

New raincoats!

Since we will be traveling sometime between now and October, I realized we needed actual rain coats. A little backstory... I'm not much for getting wet.  If its raining, I'm generally indoors. When I was a little girl, I told my mom after a Log Ride incident at Calaway Park, "I just can't stand wetness!!!" and wore my coat all day rather than deal with a wet shirt.  So, I haven't really had the need for rain gear, as the solution was to just stay indoors!

BUT.... If I'm going all the way to Ethiopia in the rainy season, I'm not going to hide inside every time there is a little rain (or a lot!).  And so, getting rain gear that would actually keep us dry was a priority.  After a bit of sticker shock when I realized how expensive that could be, I sent out a plea on Facebook for recommendations of more affordable, but still effective raingear.  A friend tipped me off to a sale at North Face, and I lucked out!  Thomas had a coat that worked, so Dave, Faith and I got new coats.  I chose the orange for Faith so it could be passed to Bereket.  You'll notice both kids have their sleeves rolled up; I figured for seldom worn items, made sense to go big!

So, here we are in our new coats!  We look a little like a bag of skittles! Haha!  Should be easy to keep track of everyone!




Now we just need a court date so we know when to really get packing! :)


No comments: