Friday, October 4, 2013

Save the date: Airport Party!!!

Tonight I booked flights for me and Bereket. I debated waiting and going into the Ethiopian Airlines office tomorrow morning, as I'd heard I could possibly get his one-way ticket a little cheaper there than through my agent. BUT, looking online, there were only 9 seats left on the flight, and as we debated, it dropped to 4, so I said forget it! So we emailed the agent and booked the ticket. Also, the agent isn't open on the weekend, so if somehow we couldn't do it tomorrow at the office (computers down or whatever!) it would be Monday. Anyway, it is booked now!

SO! I would like to invite you to join us at the Edmonton Airport on Friday, October 11, where we will be arriving at 6:15 pm on Air Canada flight 899 from London. This will be a chance for you to meet Bereket before we begin our "cocooning" phase (well, continue it, really, as we've had a 6 week head start).  I will be writing a whole blog post about our plans for introducing Bereket to the people in our lives, and the reasoning behind cocooning. 

From the airport, the plan is to hit the Nisku McDonalds for some much-missed fast food and some active play in the play land, and you are welcome to join us there, too. 

So please, if your schedules allow it, we would love to see you next Friday!  No gifts, please; information about an adoption shower will be forthcoming. 

Thanks again for all your love and support! We appreciate the prayers and kind words from each of you so much!

No comments: